Monday, January 21, 2013

Looking at the glass half full

Today was one of the hardest days I have encountered since being a nursing student. I was encountered with a lot of challenges in the nursing world. I felt lost, my team felt lost, miscommunication with doctors due to language barriers, learning things we have not been taught in school, and not having direction with the staff. We were a great team today at surgery and tried our best! Tomorrow starts up again and what we learned again today we will take into consideration and do better. All we can do as nursing students is to take constructive criticism well and do better the next time. I know it may not be easy because we are human, however if we don't have someone telling us how to do things properly we will never learn. My favorite surgeon told me today that doctors and nurses are a team. They trust nurses with their life. Sometimes they get frustrated and get mad, etc. but what they are really mad and frustrated about are at themselves.



This trip is slowly coming to an end and I am learning more what it is like to be in a team. We cannot function without our team and I would be nothing without them. So thank you guys! I would trust you guys with my life. Thank you for helping me out today! Let's hope tomorrow goes  more smoothly!

No comments:

Post a Comment