Friday, January 11, 2013

Our first day!

Today was our first full day in Manila! We got up at 8 am to have breakfast and experience real filipino food!!! Then, we drove awhiles way to the Far East School of Nursing where we met with the nursing students there and took a tour of the hospital attached to the school. It was so different comparing it to our hospital and how much money we spend on air conditioning, decorations, amenities, etc. The hospital and school do not have air conditioning in the hallways, only in the rooms. We then traveled to the Fort Santiago, which was a Hispanic stone fortress(the oldest may I add). Finally, we drove to have dinner at Barbaras, a great tourist spot where we had dinner and watched filipino traditional dances all night!!! Finally we are back at the hotel! Sorry if I sound like i am blabbering. I am so tired and I hope I make sense. I am really trying to write on this blog daily! It is currently 10:52 at night here and tomorrow it will be Saturday for us! We have not had sleep for the past 24 hours so I am ready for bed! good night from the Philippines!!! Tomorrow starts at 7:45 am. oh and ps. Driving here in the Philippines is by far the worst traffic ! I will never complain about Chicago traffic ever again!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment